Welcome to our web site
Lab automation technologies can transform lab work. Before we can reap those benefits we have to transform the way people approach lab automation. That is what this organization is about: helping people learn how to plan, implement, evaluate and use the products & technologies available to them.
The Institute for Laboratory Automation (ILA) is a non-profit corporation focused on supporting the laboratory community. Our purpose is to help lab managers, scientists, lab staff, IT support groups, consultants, and those developing products:
- understand the role laboratory technologies can play in their work, and improving the productivity of lab operations,
- develop plans for technology choices and use, and,
- successfully plan & develop programs for the use of advanced technology.
Our work will be primarily focused on education, including:
- Self-Paced Courses
- in-Person Courses, and
The ILA has added two new initiatives to it's work:
- LAB-IT - a section devoted to the development of LAB-IT Professionals (details), and,
- The Aspen Project - an on-line educational system for lab and lab support professionals. This project is in the proposal stage (details).